Thomas M. Disch - Miscellaneous
- The Exercise Class - Little Magazine v7 #2, Summer 1973
(A joint project with the painter Alex Katz. Disch wrote poems and descriptions of members of a writing class to which Katz provided illustrations. Whether the project in its entirety was exhibited, I do not know. This merely excerpts some of Disch's contribution)
- The Concept Seminar (forum, 15 April '75) - Medea: Harlan's World, ed. Harlan Ellison, 1985
- The Fall of the House of Usher, (libretto, music by Greg Sandow - first performed in 1975)
Fundamental Disch, Bantam, 1980
- Silence (with Charles Naylor) - Apollo #7, Summer 1976
(Series of sketches/interpretations of Bernadino Luini's "Head of a Young Girl Personifying 'Silence'")
- Science Fiction: Familiar, Strange and Possible
a. Scholat (Prentice-Hall) (1977) First Edition. Six colour filmstrips, six cassettes and a 64 page program guide.
Note: text and script narration by T.M.D.
- Frankenstein: The Opera, (libretto, music by Greg Sandow - extract first performed in 1979 and later, finished in 1982, no full performance) excerpt in Last Wave #2 '84
- Amnesia: a computer game.
a. New York: Harper & Row. (1985) 9" x 9" decorated cover with street map and address book inserts. Note: The project was discontinued by Harper & Row and no disc was produced. All but a few were destroyed, none were for sale.
b. Ibid. For the Apple II.
c. Ibid. For the Commodore 64.
d. Electronic Arts. (1988) First Edition. The final version as issued.
- Amnesia (script - unproduced/unpublished)
- When fate is kind,...." Xerox photocopy, T.M.D. Christmas Card. (1986) 1 pp. folded to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2".
- Missing Hours (teleplay, aired 13 Nov 1987) Miami Vice Episode #075
- Koch on Broadway (poem/play) Grand Street, Summer 1988, 7(4)
- The Audition, (play, written circa 1983) F&SF November 1988
- Richard Andsoforth, (play) Poly: New Speculative Writing, ed. Lee Ballentine, Ocean View Books, 1989
- Ben Hur (play - first performed 1989, script never commercially released)
- The Eightfold Way (A Masque in Five Tableaux) (poem/play) Grand Street, Winter 1990, 9(2)
Dark Verses and Light, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1991
- The Cardinal Detoxes (poem/play - written in 1990)
a. Hudson Review, Spring 1993
b. Best American Poetry '94, ed. A.R.Ammons
c. Best of the Best American Poetry, ed. Harold Bloom
- Stefania de Kennessey's song cycle High Summer (1999) is a setting of texts by Tom Disch.
- Can You Hear Me, Think Tank Two? Thought Crimes in Prose and Poetry. (2001) CD recorded and produced by David Garland
- Mecca|Mettle: Words, Sounds and Pictures by Thomas M. Disch, BloodHag, and Tim Kirk. Payseur & Scmidt. (2005). Illustrated by Tim Kirk. Includes CD by BlöödHag. Track 4: "Mecca: A Vision of The Next Crusade" by Thomas M. Disch
email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, suggestions, opinions and information.